To understand how salt is utilized by the Chlorine Genie, you can follow the flow of the salt:
- Salt is added to the unit via the Salt Lid, and goes into the Brine Tank.
- In the Brine Tank, salt mixes with water to create brine.
- Brine is routed into the Cell Housing, where an electric current runs through the Cell.
- The electrolytic Cell breaks salt and water into basic elements: chloride, sodium, hydrogen, and oxygen.
- Chloride ions combine to make pure chlorine (gas).
- The Chlorine Gas is absorbed by water in the unit's mixing chamber, this creates chlorinated water.
- Chlorinated water is dispensed into the pool.